Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Albans, UK

In winter it improves a lot better. In summer it so flares up really badly possible sun allergy?? Please advise??

September 9, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Hi and happy birthday as well!! To answer your question. When my psoriasis was very severe my dermatologist did tell me to try and expose my body to sun for about 10 minutes a day a few times a week. This was about a little over 2 years ago so can't remember exactly but something along those lines. She said that it would help some people to get some relief. I tried it but did not feel any relief from the sun. Hot weather did make me a bit itchy but not excessively or at least not to the point where I was scratching like crazy. Other than that I just did my best to stay cool.

September 12, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Happy Birthday for yesterday! I don't have an answer for your question. This is my first time on the site and my first post so I'm trying to see how it works and wanted to say happy b-day at the same time because I noticed the date in your profile. I hope you had a great day.

September 10, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Yes! My skin is always worse in the summer despite decades of doctors telling me it should be better. It gets red, itchy, tingly, and inflamed all over and I must stay indoors and cool for about 3 days to return to normal. Recently I met a woman in France who had the same issue. It isn’t a sunburn proper but seems connected to the psoriasis. It happens no matter how hydrated I am or how much sunscreen I apply. It is a reaction to the sun and heat. My doctors advice is now to avoid the sun between 10 and 2 — which is not terribly helpful. But there you have it.

September 19, 2023 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Coast

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In