yes! Thtas usually what I get when they are about to go away! it may take sometime but at least they stop being itchy.
I use Clobetasol topical ointment (steroidal), which helps with the itching and redness during my flareups. I also use tacrolimus topical ointment that is a non-steroidal. It helps to keep my skin moisturized without thinning out my skin like the first one does.
It doesn't itch anymore unless I happen to scratch inadvertently and then it's all I can do to leave it alone. I have been using Gold Bond psoriasis relief cream which really seems to help. Having this has been a nightmare and I feel sorry for anyone who gets this.
When psoriasis stops scaling and is just red, it can be a sign that your skin is improving with treatment. According to the knowledge base, healing stages of psoriasis include:
- Reduction in Scaling: The skin may stop shedding scales
- Redness: The affected areas may remain red but without the scales.
- Discoloration: Show Full Answer