I have history of kidney stones, the last one was 15 years ago. Now I have kidney pain again, I'm getting an ultrasound on Friday. My doctor thinks its my PsA affecting my kidneys, the inflammation at least. This pain isn't the same as when I had stones, but it is annoying. I read in 1 place that this makes us more prone to kidney stones.
I make sure I stay hydrated, I always have my water on hand.
Lindsey, sorry to see you are having that issue. I also produce kidney stones repeatedly it seems. Now I have a swollen kidney and have to go to the kidney doctor aka urologist.
Keep me posted as to what they find out in yours. I'm so relating to this. It is like an ongoing issue or struggle. I know certain things in the diet can produce more stones and I try so hard to avoid now. I also try to keep well hydrated.
I know I have a family history of stuff with the kidneys so be sure to check if your family has issues too. Or if they had them before but repeatedly? Hope you have a good outcome. I'm hoping for the same.
Can PsA affect the kidneys?
While PsA primarily affects joints and skin, the chronic inflammation associated with the condition can impact other parts of the body. Your doctor's concern about inflammation affecting your kidneys is worth investigating, especially since you're experiencing different pain than your previous Show Full Answer