Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Looking to see if something is beneficial or not worth trying just.

November 12, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Glad to find this question and many helpful answers! I was contemplating starting on Otezla at the first of the year, but the responses here have me questioning that. tremfya is my current medication but I will not qualify for the Johnson & Johnson patient assistance next year. I signed up for the medicare RX payment plan and according to the medicare updates the total out of pocket is capped at $2100. plus your plans deductible . so I divide that by 12 and pay over 12 months. I guess I will find out. Good juju everyone!

November 17, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I was on Otezla for about 6 months. Saw no improvement in PSA. Headaches and Fatigue were my main complaints.

November 13, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I am currently taking Otezla. For about 3.5 yrs. Cannot take the
recommended 2 pill dose as the gastro effects are bad for me. I haven't
been "normal" at all. It has helped my skin, but not Psa. And once I
retire, will not be available to me as it's really expensive. There is a $0
copay card, if you're employed with insurance ($1800+). Don't know what
will happen after retirement. I will have one more appt with derm to see
what else that I can take that's affordable.

November 13, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Thanks for the feedback. It helps me to see that it doesn't seem any major problems taking it it just doesn't seem as effective for long.

Gregory how did you know if one was effective or not if you took them all at once I'm confused on that.

I was debating between hydroxychloroquine and otezla to try to do something if my doctor allows me to take stuff now. I've got neutropenia but some stuff is not immunosuppressive so I'm looking at Otezla as it claims it isn't. Maybe start with that? Just trying to get this major response under control right now.

November 12, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I've been on it for 3 or 4 years for some terrible sores in my nose and finger and toe nail. Problems. Lately the nail problems have come back and my hair has been falling out, so it's time for a change. It really didn't do much for the arthritis part of it.

November 12, 2025 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wellington, NZ