Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I keep my nails very short, but when I cut them they easily split and I see of these white lines on some of them. My thumb nail has a small black part, dermatologist says that it is due to a root canal inflammation. I am looking for the best options for treatment

7 days ago
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

i also go to reumatologist for psoriasis artritis

1 day ago
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I use tea tree oil on a Qtip to prevent infection. Astaxanthin has cleared my nails after about two months of starting.

7 days ago
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Discuss the nail psoriasis and finger arthritis with the rheumatologist. I find that they tend to treat a little more aggressively.

2 hours ago
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Talk to your dermatologist about starting a biologic. Nail psoriasis can be an early indicator of psoriatic arthritis. Looking at the photo of your finger it appears that you may already have swelling of the middle joint. The biolologic should clear most of your psoriasis including your nail psoriasis. More importantly, it will slow the progression of psoriatic arthritis.

4 days ago (edited)
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

KrisLams, it is a natural antioxidant 6000 times stronger than vitamin C
I get it from microingredients.com
It repairs cells by removing free radicals and giving them strength to repair. It goes everywhere to assist the body with repair and is specifically useful for organs like kidneys and liver.

6 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ottawa, ON

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Orleans, LA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In