Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 2, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Only have it for 3 years, but 1 foot completely covered in cracks, plaque etc. both hands too. Quite embarrassing, when dealing with people. My family have been wonderful and together we have done some research as I also take other meds for other health problems including statins. For 4 weeks now I've been taking 200mgs of CQ10 enzymes and Vitamin D tablets.....My hands and nails have improved hugely, foot getting better too.

July 24, 2016
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

@A MyPsoriasisTeam Member When the cracks are bad my doctor told me to use super glue. This helped as well as keeping my hands dry as possible, ie using rubber gloves if working in water for prolonged periods. I also use gloves to protect my hands if I am doing heavy work.

July 1, 2016
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

@A MyPsoriasisTeam Member I feel for you the skin on my feet splits cracks bleeds and is so sore, and as you say makes daily life so hard.

June 13, 2016
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I too have it on my finger nails. They have thickened and lifted which isn't a problem, the problem being is the splitting of my finger ends. It makes day to day life very hard.

June 10, 2016
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

My nails are very ridged and as you say lifting off the nail bed. They also are much thicker. They have in the past come off entirely especially my little toes. They only way I can stop them looking really unsightly is to file the nail as flat as possible. I know they say you shouldn't do this as it could damage them but I think that ship has sailed. Then I use nail varnish, the ordinary stuff not gels as I find with gels it becomes worse. Regarding the fungus infection, I had treatment about 10 years ago thinking that was the problem but had such a bad reaction, basically my whole foot became a blister, we just decided it was psoriasis. What really annoys me is the lack of interest from docs.

June 10, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waterbury, CT

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Central California

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In