Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fredericktown, MO

I am having a hard time finding an insurance provider that will cover Stelara. Any suggestions? I’m experiencing a bad flare and need to restart injections but my insurance won’t cover the shot saying that it’s cosmetic. (Obviously they’ve never experienced how miserable it is). Thanks!

May 3, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I live in Texas and have United Health Care. It covers Stelera. I have had two shots so far. I wish someone would tell me it has helped. I sure can't tell I'm taking anything.
It is so miserable.
Insurance companies amaze me. Mine would not cover Otezla, but cover the most expensive Stelera. Makes no sense.

August 6, 2018
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Blue cross blue shield carefirst does

June 20, 2018

Related Questions

View All