Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 4, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Hi Carla, i saw that you have BEEN DENIED ( 2 OF THE WORST WORDS EVER PUT NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER, A SIN) I just signed OFF on a drug study that I had Been on for 6YEARS. They did Eeverything, I was A Queen πŸ‘Έ BUT Once I Signed off, man oh man, I WAS OFF... What I dropped as if I never Excisted... Was handed over to a doctor across the hall, πŸ€” I had to Follow thru on ALL AND EVERY LAB WIRK, BLOOD WORK, SETTI G UP NUMEROUS AMOUNTS OF APPT.. IT WAS INSANITY... I had to go from being held with kit gloves, then Thrown out with the dirt dish water... I felt sick & overwhelmed..within a Week I was DENIED my medication ,in which the Study put me on ( have been on for 2.5years , all done thru THE STUDY), no less then 2weeks that I signing OFF, I was denied from my insurance company, the medication that finally after 4years on this STUDY) with it working πŸ’ͺ myself feeling the best i had felt in decades ,Finally and tell me, How cruel is that???Thus can't be, the S.T R.E.S.S. was immediate, Flare-ups none stopped... S I hope this can HELP...CALL the manufacturer of your RX that you have been taking, then EXPLAIN ,have ALL the information l that you have... Insurance, past RX'S,notes about treatment from doctor. Be rwady to show you are Interest and determined to be your own advocate & you Believe that you deserve to be πŸ’― ✨️ πŸ’ͺ heard and respected. It can work, as long as you show Them Respect. If you need more assistance. Your Doctor and others can help you with some NEW AVENUES... Yes, its alot of Wword but Oonce you see Results * I PRAY πŸ™ 🀲 * life can be good again...Please No One!!! Do not sit & take it. You have a voice & with some results , it will only make you stronger in your Next Quests... You have Friends 🧑 here at 'mypsoriasisteam"

November 4, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I'm 77 in 1.5 weeks. I found one Dr who I think gave me good cream, but bad advice. She screwed up and said use it daily for one month, come back in one year. When I return, I find she meant on one month, then off one month for a year. She doesn't believe she said that. Her assistant says yes she did it's in her notes. Then she's like so sorry and nice and now I should use one week on one week off and here's my nurse's number if you have questions come back in 2 months. I do and she looks at me like I'm crazy and says "Look! You can't keep coming back here!" I was so shocked that I didn't say anything but finally I think I just discussed my current condition. She is angry and frustrated. I don't think she remembers what she told me! Finally, she tells me to use cream every 2 weeks then off 2 weeks for a year and come back. She was my favorite, now I hate her. It's her job to treat me, but I want nothing to do with her! I actually stopped using the med and started using home or OTC remedy. They stopped the itch, but not the plaques. This week I started back with her instructions, but I use it twice a day and will stop in 2 weeks and do that for a while to see if it does anything for this bald spot that has never changed. So, I've taken things into my own hands. I will not return to her. I will take my results and history to another dermatologist and see what they say. I may require a similar or different treatment. Just temember: It is their job to treat you. If they won't give you that med (probably can't cause it's not yet approved), ask for something similar or something they think will work better. It's they're job - reminders them of that and do not leave until you get something satisfactory.

November 4, 2025
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

That was denied also.

November 4, 2025
MyPsoriasisTeam

What can you do when your insurance has denied coverage for Stelara twice?

If your insurance company has denied your preferred psoriasis treatment, you have options to fight back. You can appeal the decision - this is your right as a patient.

Here are steps to take:

- Work with your doctor to file a formal appeal with Show Full Answer

What can you do when your insurance has denied coverage for Stelara twice?

If your insurance company has denied your preferred psoriasis treatment, you have options to fight back. You can appeal the decision - this is your right as a patient.

Here are steps to take:

- Work with your doctor to file a formal appeal with your insurance company
- Contact the National Psoriasis Foundation's free Patient Navigation Center for help with the appeals process
- Ask your doctor if they can help you get a short-term supply from the drug manufacturer while you appeal

A MyPsoriasisTeam member shared that after insurance and pharmacy issues, they were able to get a direct contact at their insurance company for future appeals, which made things easier.

Your doctor can be a strong advocate in this process. They may need to provide documentation showing why Stelara specifically is medically necessary for your case. Don't give up after the first or second denial - many people successfully get coverage approved through the appeals process.

November 4, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Durham, UK

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Central California

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
London, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In