Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

Is there anyone else just absolutely fatigued almost every day? I can wake up at nine in the morning and by 2 o’clock in the afternoon I’m ready to go back to bed, although, of course I don’t.

April 15, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly shared that chronic fatigue is a pervasive and debilitating symptom of psoriatic disease, with many describing how... Read more

Members overwhelmingly shared that chronic fatigue is a pervasive and debilitating symptom of psoriatic disease, with many describing how exhaustion forces them to plan life around limited energy windows, take multiple daily naps, or even retire from work entirely. Several members offered practical strategies that have helped them cope, including pacing activities on alternating days, finding the right biologic medication to extend functional hours, losing weight through dietary changes like reducing sugar and carbs, drinking coffee to stay alert, and learning to say no to commitments while honoring personal limitations. A recurring theme was the invisible yet profound toll of fatigue, the importance of self-advocacy with doctors, and the resilience required to keep moving forward despite feeling like a heavy weight has been dropped on the body.

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Hi Francine,
I know we're all different in the ways we experience PsD but the emperical data suggests that a very large fraction of those of us with PsA/axSpA do experience fatigue to one degree or another. Like yourself, I typically have had 4 to 6 hours first thing in the morning when I can accomplish various tasks, after that it's time to sit, relax, read, or watch a show (a.k.a. "nap time").

The current bDMARD that I take cuts PsA/axSpA joint pain down significantly while also substantially reducing fatique (i.e., increasing my daily useful time to 8 to 12 hours). So, while the associated fatigue can be frustrating, know that it's possible to find significant relief with the "right medication."

Bottom line, keep up the journey of finding the right medication for you!

Cheers,
doc

April 16, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

My fatigue has lessened quite a bit with my weight loss.

April 25, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I learned to pace myself and plan an activity every other day, including cleaning the house, grocery shopping, gardening, etc. Rest happens all the other days.

April 26, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I take LOTS of naps and can get tired just working on the computer.

June 21, 2023
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

My fatigue is terrible. I had to retire because I could not continue teaching. I am sleeping at least 12 hours a day, and can fall asleep just about any time I sit or lie down. It just hits me like someone dropped a large rock on my body.

April 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In