Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyPsoriasisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 21, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
Is Yogurt Good or Bad for Psoriasis? Read Article...
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

I'm in the camp that unless I see a reaction myself, I won't stop eating the food. I do not eat tomatoes daily, and go some weeks without them. When I eat a big bowl of pasta, I do not notice a flare in the following days. I will continue to eat spaghetti. My rheumatologist, as well as my dermatologist, have said they aren't convinced diet has the impact some people think...unless you have a specific allergy or sensitivity.

July 22, 2025 (edited)
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member

Thank you

July 22, 2025
MyPsoriasisTeam

While some psoriasis diet plans like Dr. Pagano's suggest avoiding nightshade vegetables (including tomatoes), there's no definitive scientific evidence that tomatoes must be completely eliminated for everyone with psoriasis. Each person's triggers can be different.

If you love spaghetti, consider trying these approaches Show Full Answer

While some psoriasis diet plans like Dr. Pagano's suggest avoiding nightshade vegetables (including tomatoes), there's no definitive scientific evidence that tomatoes must be completely eliminated for everyone with psoriasis. Each person's triggers can be different.

If you love spaghetti, consider trying these approaches:
- Start with small portions to test your body's reaction
- Try tomato-free alternatives like pesto, olive oil-based, or butternut squash sauces
- Keep a food diary to track if tomato-based foods actually trigger your symptoms Remember that overly restrictive diets aren't always the answer and can sometimes lead to unnecessary food fears or nutritional deficiencies. If you're concerned about your diet, consider working with a registered dietitian who can help create an individualized eating plan that includes foods you enjoy while managing your psoriasis symptoms.

July 21, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Claremore, OK

A MyPsoriasisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dublin, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In